1662 East Centre Avenue
Portage, MI 49002
Ph: 269.324.7344
Fx: 269.324.2767

4625 Beckley Road
Building 400, Suite 4003
Battle Creek, MI 49015
Ph: 269.968.1101
Fx: 269.968.9505


When a person is unable of handling their own financial affairs, a conservator may be appointed by the probate court to protect the property of the individual. A conservator then manages the property or funds of the individual. The court oversees the conservator’s actions to make sure he or she is acting prudently and within the best interest of the individual.

A conservator is appointed by filing a petition with the probate court. A hearing will be held and the probate judge will decide after hearing testimony whether it is necessary to appoint a conservator to protect the individual. The judge will also decide who is to be appointed as the conservator.

A conservatorship may be the only alternative to protect an individual in need. Contact Michael B. Walling, PLC to speak with an understanding and qualified attorney for a free consultation.

©2018 Michael B. Walling, PLC | Site design by Creative Group